Sunday 17 July 2011

Detective L


Recently I have been watching the Death Note Movies and reading the new graphic novels Death Note Black, and I have just fell in love with the character L. I decided to take screenshots from the movie and draw from them.

                                  
















Usually when I paint with watercolours I tend to use the paint very thick on the paper, whereas for this piece I wanted to do the opposite and see if I could use the paint thiner . I started by painting the face and slowly building up the colours.
                                                         


















Then I started to add the finer details to finish off the painting.     
                                                                         


I also tried a quick pencil sketch to make sure I could get his features right before starting my painting.                                                                                                                    


Hope you all like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment